When to Edit a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container's Configuration
13/07/2019 Cliff Hobbs ID: 266731
The purpose of this article is to explain when the configuration of a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container™ should be edited.
See Updating, Editing and Maintaining a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container and Container Feature Switches - Enabling Features in AAV for general information and guidance on editing a Container's configuration.
You may need to edit a Container's configuration in the following scenarios:
- Adding custom re-directions, for file or registry, see Updating, Editing and Maintaining a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container.
- Adding network redirections, see How to redirect Hostname, Domain Name and IP/Port addresses (NetworkRedirection).
- Adding Side-by-Side Assemblies, see How to Add Side-by-Side (SXS) Assemblies to a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container.
- Configuring support for out of process COM, see How to enable support for out of process COM (COMVirtualization) in a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container.t
- Configuring a Container for Internet Explorer (IE) apps to run in IE 11 which needs some additional configuration after the Container has been created for the run times. See How to Create a Cloudhouse Compatibility Container to run Internet Explorer applications in Enterprise Mode.
- Updating the application in a Container, see Upgrading Applications in Containers.